Ivory Tree Game Lodge
Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the north eastern region of the Pilanesberg National Park, the closest point of entry is through Bakgatla Gate. Nestled in the basin of an ancient amphitheater divided by riverine woodlands and elephant trails lies an exclusive lodge development site. The images below depict several aspects of the lodge. The central facility includes, stunning feature pool, bar, conference room, dinning room, boma, reception and curio shop.
- Room Features
- Outdoor Activities
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
to 30 Apr 2019
to 30 Apr 2020
|Standard Single||R5 795||R4 850||R5 795|
|Standard Double per person||R3 875||R3 240||R3 875|
|Luxury Suite per 2 adult||R10 535||R8 795||R10 535|
|Family Suite per room||R11 590||R9 720||R11 590|
|Executive Suite per room||R16 020||R13 355||R16 020|
|Child under 12yrs sharing | Standard Room||on Request||on Request||on Request|
|Child under 12yrs sharing | Executive Room||on Request||on Request||on Request|
|Private Villa||R35 075||R37 500||R37 500|
Resident Valentines Special Promo 2019
Valid from 01st - 28th February 2019
160 per person sharing
|All Meals and 2 Game
Dives Per Day
Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine in room on arrival
@ R 115.00 per
person per night
All other extras
South African properties Inclusive of VAT @ 15% subject to change
Subject to change without prior notification
Excludes any Community / Conservation levies
All Government taxes and levies as applicable. AHA Hotels & Lodges unilaterally reserves the right to automatically, without prior notice, increase the rates accordingly should such Government taxes or levies be amended or should a further tax or levy be introduced during the duration of this Agreement
These special rates are applicable to SA residents only.
|01 Oct 2018 to 31 Mar 2019|
|Standard Suite||Family Suite (Unit Rate)
Can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years old
|SA resident Rate||R2 660||SA resident Rate||R10 800|
|Minimum 3 Nights stay||R2 400|
|Book within 7 Days||R2 400|
|01 Apr 2019 to 30 Sep 2019|
|Standard Suite||Family Suite (Unit Rate)
Can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years old
|SA resident Rate (Friday & Saturday Nights)||R2 580||SA resident Rate||R9 600|
|Minimum 3 Nights stay||R2 340|
|Book within 7 Days||R2 340|
|SA Resident Rate (Sunday to Thursday Nights)||R2 100|
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Above Rates are per person sharing
- Rate excludes Community levy at R 115 per person per stay rates will apply on block out dates
- Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Children over 12 are charged as adults.
- The above Conservation Levies are subject to change
- SA Resident Rate: SARESN
- Minimum 3 Nights Stay: DLMSS
- Book within 30 Days: ADV01
|Each room is tastefully decorated with African décor and a range of amenities for guests’ comfort and enjoyment. The room, which can accommodate two adults in 2 single beds or a king-size bed configuration, offers en-suite bathroom facilities and for the more adventurous guest, an outdoor shower under the African sun. Each of the standard rooms also features a relaxing outdoor sitting area.|
|Each Luxury Suite is tastefully decorated with a range of amenities for guests’ comfort and enjoyment. Décor is typically African in flavour and all suites have a king-size 4-poster bed as well as an en suite bathroom. Each of the suites feature a comfortable outdoor sitting area with 3 out of the 4 suites offering a personal, relaxing plunge pool. The suites have a lounge area with a flat screen TV (selected DSTV channels), and a fireplace for those chilly bushveld evenings.|
|The family unit accommodates a maximum of two adults with two children under the age of 12 on a sharing basis.|
|Incorporating every conceivable luxury, the Executive Suite features a comfortable king-size bed with luxurious linens and splashes of colour throughout. Bask in the glorious African sun and relax in the private plunge pool located on your exclusive private patio. The suite also has a Nespresso machine and flat screen television with limited DSTV channels.|
|The Pilane Villa comprises of 4 Standard rooms (max 8 guests) close to a central area. When booked exclusively, guests have the use of recreational areas and a private game drive vehicle.|
The park exists within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter Lowveld regions, commonly referred to as “Bushveld”. Unlike any other large park, unique overlaps of mammals, birds and vegetation occur within this transition zone. Springbok, brown hyena, the red eyed bulbul, and camel thorn trees, usually found in arid areas, cohabit with moist-area-limited impala, black-eyed bulbul and Cape chestnut trees.
The crater of a long extinct volcano is the setting of Pilanesberg Game Reserve – a fascinating alkaline complex produced by volcanic eruptions some 1300 million years ago.
Pilanesberg Game Reserve is one of the largest volcanic complexes of its kind in the world. Its rare rock types and structure make it a unique geological feature. The area is fringed by three concentric ridges or rings of hills – the formation rises from the surrounding plains like a bubble. The structure of the park is termed the “Pilanesberg Game Reserve Alkaline Ring Complex”. Ancient, even by geological time scales, this extinct volcano is the most perfect example of an alkaline ring complex. A number of rare (but not necessarily economically important) minerals occur in the park.
The Pilanesberg National Park rates high among the world’s outstanding geological phenomena. Pilanesberg Game Reserve has survived ages of erosion and stands high above the surrounding bushveld plains.
- Enjoy a unique outdoor dining experience at the boma with our rangers as your hosts during mealtimes.
- Having dinner under the starlit African sky in the magnificent bushveld setting of aha Ivory Tree Game Lodge is not to be missed!
All rates for South African properties include a 1% South African tourism development levy
Subject to availability of suitable accommodation and maximum 2 children sharing a bedroom with 2 adults:
- Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks and two daily safari activities.
- Incl. TOMSA 1%
- Excludes Community Levy (2018) R100 (2019) R115 per guest per stay
- Conservation Levy of R 15.00 per guest will be added to the extras account and must be settled before leaving the lodge
- Ivory Tree gate fee of R 40.00 will apply per guest per stay upon booking
- Please note that guests will be required to sign an indemnity form on arrival
- Children will be permitted on game drives and walks at the sole discretion of the ranger
- Transfers are available between the airport, Sun City and the lodge
- Closest Airport: Pilanesberg Airport is approximately 25 minutes from the Lodge
Payment | Cancellation
- 50% deposit will be required to confirm a booking with full payment due 30 days prior to arrival
- 45 – 30 Days prior to arrival 25%
- 29 – 15 days prior to arrival 80%
- 14 – 01 days prior to arrival 100%
- Cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
- Standard Rooms: Maximum 2 adults
- Luxury Suites: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12. Children sharing with adults in Luxury suites will be charged 50% of the standard room sharing rate.
- Family Suites: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12.
- Executive Suites: Maximum of 2 adults
Third Person Sharing :Not applicable
Babysitting facilities are offered at R152/
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives.
Sole use vehicle is available to facilitate families at an additional cost of (2018) R3 885 (2019) R4 235 per vehicle per game drive
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age
- Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age
- Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults
- Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older
- Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
Day Use Rooms
Strictly on request and are dependent on availability of room(s) at a rate of 50% off single public tariff and rooms are only available between 11h00 and 17h00. Any rooms required after 17h00 will be treated as a full additional night and the normal contracted rate attached will apply.
Check in time is from 14h00 and check out time is by 10h00 at all aha properties.
We offer a wide variety of fun-filled leisure activities for couples, families or groups. A list of activities can be found here:
Archery is one of the ancient activities that we offer using modern equipment including modern re-curve bows. The guide will brief you on how to use the equipment safely and share a story about the San hunters. Enjoy the opportunity to learn the technique of this challenging art form.
Experience the satisfaction of shooting at a very small target using pellets. The guide will take you through a proper safety instruction on how to use the equipment.
Drumming is a part of African culture that has been used for centuries as a form of expression and was also one of the ways in which communities communicated with each other. Come and feel the vibrations from head to toe. We need a minimum of five people for this experience and have the capacity to accommodate up to 120 people.
|Bush Dinner includes Eco-Toilets||R10 890.00||21-40 pax|
|R 275.00||Per person 41 pax +|
|Boma Exlusivity||R 7 370.00||10-40 pax|
|R 190.00||Per Person 41 pax +|
Main Conference Room
- Full Day Conference R 4 840.00 per day
(all equipment included)
Half Day Conference R 2 420.00 per day (all equipment included)
Durga Meeting Room (C10)
- Full Day Conference R 3 630.00 per day (all equipment included)
- Half Day Conference R 1 815.00 per day (all equipment included)
Additional Services for
- Printing & Copying (Black & White) R 2.00 per page
- Printing & Copying (Color) R 3.50 per page
- Breakaway Room (C10) R 660.00 per day
- Breakfast R 250.00 per person
- Lunch R 270.00 per person
- Dinner R 320.00 per person
- Breakfast / Lunch Packs R 120.00 per person
- Snack Platter menu on request
- Fruit Basket for 2 R 190.00
- Tea/coffee/snack breaks R 110.00 per person
- African Marimba Band (30 min show) R 5 280.00
- African Marimba Band (1 hour show) R 10 120.00
- Tribal Show (30 min) R 8 140.00
- Tribal Show (1 hour) R 15 580.00
- Interactive stick fighting (45 min) R 5 280.00
- African Choir (30 min) R 5 280.00
- Interactive Drumming (30 min) R 210.00 per person
- Archery (30 min) R 145.00 per person
- Air Rifle (30 min) R 145.00 per person
- Quad biking (1hour) R 600.00 per person
- Baby Sitting (Per hour / Per child) R 120.00
- Exclusive Vehicle Charge R 4 200.00 per vehicle per drive
- Room Drops (Not during Turndown time) R 18.00 per drop
PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE ARE PROSPECTED RATES AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE