5* Luxury Game Lodge in the Pilanesberg National Park
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge
A new dawn, a new wonder, a new adventure. Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge is a lodge concession awarded by the North West Parks & Tourism Board (custodians of the land) within the existing Pilanesberg Game Reserve. The entire lodge lies in an exclusive use zone in the south-western portion of the 55,000ha, "Big 5" and malaria free Pilanesberg Game Reserve. It offers exclusive traversing as well as access to all the Park’s public roads. The lodge also lies adjacent to the Wilderness Area offering the opportunity of walking trails in this untouched environment. By acquiring a share in the lodge, shareholders will enjoy exclusivity and privacy in a truly spectacular and intimate 5 star luxury setting for a period of 40 years.
- Surcharges 2020
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
to 30 Sep 2019
to 30 Apr 2020
|Standard Room Single||R5 855||R6 780|
|Standard Room Double||R7 800||R9 050|
|Family Suite (Room Rate)||R21 480||R23 930|
|Executive Suite (Room Rate)||R9 830||R9 830|
|Villa (Maximum 4 Adults)||R22 100||R22 100|
to 30 Sep 2020
to 30 Apr 2021
|Standard Room Single||R5 355||R6 780|
|Standard Room Double||R7 800||R9 050|
|Family Suite (Room Rate)||R17 550||R20 360|
|Executive Suite (Room Rate)||R9 830||R10 810|
|Villa (Maximum 4 Adults)||R19 885||R22 100|
Look at our Special Offers for SA Residents under our special offers section!
These special rates are applicable to SA residents only.
|01 Oct 2019 – 30 Mar 2020|
|Standard Suite||Family Suite (Unit Rate)
Can accommodate 4 adults and 2 children under 12 years old
|SA Resident Rate (Friday & Saturday Nights)||R3 180||SA Resident Rate||R14 400|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay||R2 820|
|Book within 7 Days||R2 820|
|SA Resident Rate (Sunday to Thursday Nights)||R2 580|
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Above Rates are per person sharing
- Rate excludes Community levy at R 115 per person per stay
- Rates will apply on block out dates
- Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Children over 12 are charged as adults.
- The above Conservation Levies are subject to change.
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge’s facilities and services ensure leisure and convenience for our adventure-seeking guests. After a busy day spent outdoors, you can get the relaxation you deserve at the award-winning Amani Spa, which offers holistic body, skin, and beauty rituals. Get a soothing massage while enjoying the view of the lodge’s bushveld amphitheatre.
Other facilities and services that guests can enjoy are:
- Babysitting or childcare (with surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Children’s pool
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference centre
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free self parking
- Meeting room
- Outdoor pool
- Pool sun loungers
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wi-Fi (with surcharge)
SHEPHERD'S TREE GAME LODGE - LOCATION
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge is located in the North West province, approximately 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg. Situated in a private concession within the Pilanesberg National Park, our malaria-free property is host to a wide variety of mammals and bird species found in the Big 5.
The property is close to the following tourist spots:
- Ukutula Lion Park
- The Gary Player Golf Course
- Sun City
Guests at aha Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge are invited to enjoy delectable cuisine in our gourmet restaurant or outside at the boma in a bushveld setting a mere 2.5 hours’ drive from Johannesburg.
The Standard room features an en-suite bathroom with a patio overlooking the magnificent Pilanesberg GameReserve. The Standard rooms, which comprise a main bedroom with outdoor shower, can be combined to create a family room option, which in turn comprises twosleeper couches, a covered patio as well as a flat screen television with limited DSTV channels. Please note that there is no television in a standard room and is only available when booking a family unit.
All rates quoted include 15% VAT
All rates for South African properties include a 1% South African tourism development levy
Check in time is from 14h00 and check out time is by 10h00 at all aha properties.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives.
- Baby-sitting facilities available at R 225 per hour (maximum 2 children)
- Sole use vehicle is available to facilitate families at an additional cost of R4500 per vehicle per game drive
- Standard Room: Maximum of 2 adults
- Family Suites: Maximum of 4 adults and 2 children under the age of 12
- Executive Suites: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children
- Subject to availability of suitable accommodation and maximum 2 children sharing a bedroom with 2 adults:
Shepherds Tree Game Lodge
15 rooms: 01 complimentary single room
30 rooms: 02 complimentary single rooms
Game Lodges Policy:
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age
- Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age
- Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older
- Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
- Where a child shares with 1 adult the adult sharing rate applies.
- At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
Terms and Conditions
Rates are inclusive of
- All meals, teas & snacks and
- two daily safari activities
- TOMSA 1%
- Excludes Community Levy
- all drinks,
- curio purchases,
- laundry and items of a personal nature and
- Conservation Levy R115
- 45 -30 Days prior to arrival 25%
- 29 -15 days prior to arrival 80% >
- 14 – 01 days prior to arrival 100%
- Cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
Standard Room: Maximum of 2 adults
Family Suites: Maximum of 4 adults and 2 children under the age of 12
Executive Suites: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children
Babysitting facilities are offered at R152/ sitter/ hr.
Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives.
Sole use vehicle is available to facilitate families at an additional cost of R4 235 per vehicle per game drive
|Private Dinner Venue Charges: 2020||Rates|
|Bush Dinner includes Eco-Toilets||R15 000||10-40 pax (include portaloos)|
|(** No children under 16 years allowed)||R 220||Per person 41 pax +|
|Private Boma Dinner||R 9 000||10 pax minimum|
|Exclusive Wine Cellar||R 8 160||6 - 10 pax maximum|
|R 4 080||2- 5 pax|
- Full Day Conference R 10 500.00
- Half DayConfernce R 5 300.00
- Wifi - Usage - Including as part of conferencing package
- Data Projector - Including as part of conferencing package
- PA system- Including as part of conferencing package
- Flipcharts - Including as part of conferencing package
- Tele-conferencing phone hire R1 000 / day - Data call usage included
- Breakfast R 250.00 per person
- Lunch R 350.00 per person
- Dinner R 400.00 per person
- Tea/coffee/snack breaks R 100.00 per person
- Marimba Band (1 hours R10 000.00
- Tribal Dancing (1 hour) R15 000.00
- Interactive Drumming R 210.00 per person
- African Choir (1/2 hour) R 7 500.00 per person
- Bushwalk (depending on availability) R800.00 / Person 2,5-3 Hours
- Baby Sitting R 180.00 per hour
- Exclusive Vehicle R 6 000.00 per vehicle per drive