Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Construction on Kwa Maritane already commenced centuries ago. An ancient alkaline volcano fashioned the very hills that Kwa Maritane stands on today. Hence it's name, which literally means "Place of the Rock". From here, you can look out over the infinite plains adjacent to the Pilanesberg National Park - an area rich in wildlife and hosting around 365 species of birds. Perhaps it's these ideal natural surroundings that won us the "Best Game Lodge" Award at the 1998 and 2001 Conference & Exhibition Venue Awards. Or maybe it's just that we offer distinctive service in every way.
Click here to view the Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge Virtual Tour,
or browse the tabs below to view more information about the lodge.
- Rates 2018
- Facilities | Location
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|FULL BOARD RATES OR DINNER, BED & BREAKFAST RATES|
|Standard Room Single||Best Available Rate
|Standard Room Double|
|Exectutive Room Single|
|Exectutive Room Double|
Look at our Special Offers for SA Residents under our special offers section!
SPECIAL DOMESTIC LEISURE PROMOTION
|03st October - 17th December 2018||Single||Double|
|Standard Room||R3 430||R4 860|
|Executive Room||R3 755||R5 340|
Terms & Conditions:
- Rate includes dinner, breakfast and one complimentary game drive per person per night’s stay
- Rate includes 1% Tourism Levy
- Rate includes VAT @ 15%
- Rates are valid from the 03st October - 17th December 2018
- Please note that the special rate is applicable to new bookings only
- Rate is applicable to South African Residents only and is exclusive to Domestic Rate Holders.
- Rates are guaranteed for above travel dates on last room availability, until such time that the specific lodge is full and closed out
- Children’s policy will apply, as standard policy
- Additional terms and conditions may apply, at each properties discretion
If it's wildlife you're seeking, that's exactly what you'll find here at Kwa Maritane. Located deep in the heart of the 55,000 hectare, malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park, Kwa Maritane is the perfect base from which to enjoy the rich diversity of indigenous flora and fauna of Africa - including the Big Five. Our highly experienced field guides will drive you into the Park in the cool air of the early morning or late afternoon to evening when the animals are out and about, to ensure that you won't be disappointed. Learn about the stunning diversity of fauna and flora, including the Big Five and over 360 bird species whilst you experience the majestic beauty of Africa in all its natural abundance. You can also relax in the game viewing hide, connected to the lodge by a 150m tunnel, and enjoy a front row seat as the animals drink at the waterhole.
Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul in our magnificent Spa. Indulge yourself with treatments such as Thabayadiotso, our signature treatment, or be pampered with a pedicure while watching the game feeding on the plains in front of the Spa. Whether it is a full body massage, in which the masseur uses Mountain Aloe Oil, or a soothing, deep cleansing facial using warm volcanic milk, the professional therapists will simply spoil you. There are four treatment rooms, including one suite suitable for couples looking to share the experience. There is also a manicure and pedicure lounge, a rasul chamber, relaxation area and hydro pool. For any Groups and Events at the Spa please contact Monique Bayliss.
- Covered Parking
- 2 bomas
- Underground Hide & Webcam
- 2 Swimming pools with baby pool & slide
- 2 tennis courts
- Bush Putt
- Children’s Playground
Meeting & Functions
We specialise in conventions, breakfasts, lunches, seminars, cocktail receptions, dinner dances, banquets, private dinners, product launches and team-building exercises
- 90 hotel rooms (1 wheelchair accessible room)
- 54 timeshare chalets
- Curio Shop
- Wildlife Information Centre
- Restaurant & bar
- Medical service on call
- Complimentary shaped internet
Enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner in The Kwa Lefakeng Restaurant, overlooking "The Rock", the waterhole, and the magnificent granite formations, within the park. Our selected buffets and carvery dinners will leave you spoilt for choice as you sample on delicious, traditionally South African fare, such as springbok carpaccio, chicken and coriander salad and seafood hors d'oeuvres. Alternatively you could sample something from the terrace or "in room dining" menus.
- Limited wireless internet connectivity
- Complimentary internet access
- Conference facilities
Directions from Fourways, Sandton via Lanseria Airport
- From Sandton travel north along William Nicol Drive to the four-way intersection with Witkoppen Road.
- Turn left into Witkoppen Road towards Lanseria/Roodepoort.
- Turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom Extension on the road towards Broederstroom & Lanseria – R512
- Pass the Krugersdorp/Pretoria highway turnoff.
- Pass the Lanseria airport turnoff on the right.
- At the T-junction take the turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg / Brits.
- Take the right turn to Brits / Sun City. This road will take you on a bridge over the Hartebeespoort Dam.
- At the next T-junction turn right on the R512.
- At the 4-way stop turn left to Rustenberg / Sun City
- Travel along this road to the Bapong / Sun City turn to the right – R556
- Take this turn and keep on this route for approx 75km’s - you should see Kwa Maritane distance markers every 10km’s along this stretch.
- When you have less than 5km’s to go take the right turn towards Kwa Maritane / Mogwase / Pilanesberg Airport. Travel approx 2km’s along this road to the Kwa Maritane Gate on your left.
Directions to Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge from JHB International Airport
- As you leave the Airport take the road to Pretoria – R21
- As you near Pretoria take the N1 North to Polokwane
- Now look out for and take the N4 West to Rustenburg
- On this section of road you will pass 2 x toll gates each +/- R6-00 per car
- Pass the turnoffs to Hartebeespoort, Brits & Randburg
- Now look out for the next turnoff to Sun City, Bapong & Majakaneng – R556
- TAKE THIS TURN – DO NOT PROCEED TO RUSTENBURG
- At the top of the off ramp turn right to Sun City / Bapong.
Keep on this road for +/- 75km. (you should see Kwa Maritane distance
markers every 10km’s)
o When you have less than 5km’s to go take the right turn towards Kwa Maritane , Mogwase, Pilanesberg Airport. Travel approx 2km’s along this road to the Kwa Maritane Gate on your left.
Each Studio Twin Room has two double beds and a sleeper couch. To ensure your comfort and convenience, all Studio Family rooms have individual air conditioning, bathrooms with shower and toilet, DStv, direct-dialing telephones, electric shaving plugs, coffee and tea-making facilities, a hairdryer, international multi-plugs and electronic safes. Minibars are available on request.
Please note that disabled rooms are available on request. Lifestyle members receive one game drive per person per day.
Terms & Conditions exclusive to Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
- Exclusion dates apply. Please refer to clause 3 in the attached terms and conditions.
- Minimum two night stay over weekends (Friday & Saturday).
- Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate
- - 1 complimentary game drive is included per person per night’s stay. Please refer to Wildlife Activities page for further information.
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, including one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged (2018) R 650.00 (2019) R 710.00 per child per day for breakfast, dinner and one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Full Board rate
- - 2 complimentary game drives is included per person per night’s stay. Please refer to Wildlife Activities page for further information.
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a full board basis inclusive of dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and two game drives per day, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged (2018) R1 090.00 (2019) R1 190 per child per day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and two game drives, if sharing with one or two adults.
All rooms have:
- Individual air-con
- bathrooms with shower and toilet
- direct dialing phone
- electric shaving plugs
- coffee/tea making machines
- hair dryer.
At Kwa Maritane you can get the sense of being far away from
it all and yet be minutes away from civilisation.
Our shuttle service will transport you from the airport or to Sun City for a small charge in no time.
Room service from 07h00 to 22h00.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability
- Rooms will be kept until 18:00 on day of arrival unless otherwise assured or guaranteed.
- Check-in is after 14:00 and check-out is before 10:00.
- Rates may be subject to change.
- If the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
A 10% admin fee will be retained for cancellations made after the card has been charged.
CHILDREN'S ACTIVITY PROGRAMS
Legacy Junior Rangers programme is available for all children aged 6-12 years. Activities are geared around natural resource protection, environmental education and responsible recreation offering a special opportunity to explore the Pilanesberg National Park. The Junior Rangers Program is available at a small additional cost to parents and usually takes 2 days to complete. On completion of the program, children will be including in a graduation ceremony and will be given a certificate and badges for activities completed.
Additional game drives are charged at R500.00 per adult / R250.00 per child between the ages of 0-17 year
Game Drive Times
|June - July||08h00||15h30|
|October - March||05h30||16h30|
Game Drives last approximately 3 hours, depending on weather conditions and animal sightings in the Park.
Bush braais are held (weather permitting) every Wednesday and
Saturday night. If you would like to book a bush braai on an
alternative night, a minimum of 30 people is required. If numbers drop
below 30, the full rate for 30 people will be charged.
Prices may be subject to change. Non-residential rates available on request.
HONEYMOON ADDED VALUE OFFERS
- Allocation of a room with a King Size bed
- Bottle of Sparkling wine a platter of chocolate dipped fruits (strawberries when available) with a personalized note from the GM
- Complimentary Late Departure (Subject to availability)
- VIP Turndown on day of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- FB (Full Board) – includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 game drives per person per day
- Exclusion dates apply. Please refer to clause 7 in the attached terms and conditions
- Minimum two night stay over weekends (Friday & Saturday)
- Please refer to Wildlife Activities page for further information
Place of the Rock
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge is where Mother Nature and guests meet in perfect harmony. This Five Star Lodge is located on the slopes of an ancient volcano.
Kwa Maritane offers guests all the amenities of an exclusive resort within the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park - an easy drive of 2 hours from Johannesburg, 3 km from the local airport and a mere 10 minutes from Sun City. This Pilansberg lodge is perfect for a relaxing and well-deserved holiday or weekend.
WHERE IT ALL Began
Located on the outer rim of an extinct volcano which erupted some 1300 million years ago, lies Kwa Maritane, ‘The Place of the Rock’.
Overlooking a unique granite dome is Kwa Maritane, Legacy’s oldest and most famous bush lodge, host to families, businessmen and delegates from all over the world. The lodge is famous for its hide and waterhole linked by a 180m long tunnel, its outstanding cuisine and the hospitality of its staff. Guests can enjoy a host of recreational activities including dawn and evening Big Five game drives in the tender care of our experienced game rangers, bushveld boma barbeques, golf and other recreational activities at nearby Sun City, or simply relaxing in the lodge’s beautiful gardens and restaurant.
We specialise in conventions, breakfasts, lunches, seminars, cocktail receptions, dinner dances, banquets, private dinners, product launches and team-building exercises. Speak to our banqueting and conference department staff, who will be happy to guide you through the process of putting together the perfect function - to suit your specific requirements.
|CONFERENCE AND BANQUETING FACILITIES|
|TAU ROOM (has good natural light)
| NARE ROOM
||HIPPO (6m x 6m)
| HIPPO ROOM
||TAU OR NARE (16m x 10m each)
|TAU & NARE COMBINED
||TAU OR NARE combined (16m x 20m)